How can I reach the Pakistan Consulate after office hours and closed holidays?

You can reach us at (852) 6732 5455 after office hours and closed holidays

Does the Pakistan Consulate have any social media sites to get connected?

Yes, you can connect with us via our Facebook page ”Pakistan Consulate Hong Kong SAR” or via Twitter: @PakConHk

Where should I submit my application for consular services such as Machine Readable passport (MRP) and Visa?

For MRP and Visa, Residents of Hong Kong, Macao SAR and Taiwan should apply to Consulate General of Pakistan in Hong Kong SAR.

At which address can I post my application?

The consular service requests can be sent either to physical or postal address of: Consulate General of Pakistan Address: 803-04 Tung Wai Commercial Building, 8th Floor, 109-111 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.

Is it necessary to show original valid CNIC/NICOP with the MRP application?

Yes, production of original valid CNIC/NICOP for MRP is a must.

Why is the time taken for issuance of passports in lieu of lost passport so long?

Because the case of lost passport has to be referred to the issuing authority for verification/confirmation of the lost passport. A fresh passport is issued only when the confirmation is received.

Why does the Mission demand current visa status for renewal/issuance of passport?

It is required to confirm the legal status of the applicant and ensure that there is no violation of local laws.

What is the requirement concerning photograph for issuance of MRP?

No photograph is required. Photos are taken when applicants appear in person.

How can I pay the Consular fees?

Consular fee can only be paid in CASH at the time of submission of documents at counter. MRP and cancellation of NADRA cards fee is paid at National Bank of Pakistan, Hong Kong or Kowloon branch – (may include separate bank handling fees).

Can I get my Power of Attorney (POA) attested without visiting the Consulate?

For citizens (with valid Passport/CNIC/NICOP) the applicant has to physically turn up at the Consulate General of Pakistan in Hong Kong and sign the POA in front of the Consular staff concerned.

In exceptional cases, e.g. the applicant is unable to come personally/visit the Consulate General or the applicant is holder of Hong Kong SAR passport, the POA must be first attested by Department of Foreign Affairs of China or its Consular office in Hong Kong and submit to the Consulate General to counter attest the seal/signature.

Can I make my POA on a plain paper instead of stamp/legal paper?

The applicants living abroad are not required to present their POA on stamp/legal paper and, therefore, can prepare it on plain paper.

How long does it take to renew MRP?

Ordinary machine readable passports are issued within 25 working days and urgent within 10 working days.

Can I get visa earlier by paying urgent fee?

There is no urgent fee for visa, however, all efforts are made to keep the processing time to minimum.

Can I get the visa without providing my travel itinerary or confirmed booking?

Travel itinerary should be attached with the visa application form, to avoid delay in processing or refusal.

Should I apply for NICOP/POC through Pakistan Consulate in Hong Kong?

The NICOP/POC applications can only be applied ONLINE. Please apply at

What is the time limit for registration of Pakistani children born outside Pakistan?

Under the Pakistan Citizenship Act of 1951, all Pakistani Citizens are required to register their children, who are born abroad, with the nearest Pakistani Embassy / High Commission / Consulate General, within one year of their birth. Beyond one year, the child can be registered by the Mission only after obtaining NOC from the Ministry of Interior, Islamabad, which will take 4 to 5 months.